12x16 Field ULF Camera (Project)
For offer is a european 12x16 (or 30cm x40cm) Field Camera project i bought over a year ago but never managed to finish, or start for that matter. Since im fed up with camera restauration meanwhile im willing to let this one go for a portion of the price that i paid for it. Maybe someone else can finish this off. Cameras of that size and age are very rare, and a working specimen would cost around 1.5K.
- the camera is quite complete, most of the needed stuff is there, some minor stuff is missing
- the bellows are there there but show quite some openings in the corners. so either you will need to tape the 4 sides here or make new ones.
- the original focusing back, it also has a fitting plexiglass plate in there, but the glass needs to be sanded to work as a focusing glass.
- the brass is quite oxidized and might need to be polished again (or not)
- the rails of the rear platform are missing (or they were ran down?) not sure, but you will need to replace with with other rails. not sure, i think thats someone one can still find online
- the center rail in the rear was replaced by a modern woodplate which works fine, but will need some restrainers to be adapted
Allover, this is a 'buy at your own risk' offering. If something is missing or something is broken, its up to you to replace/repair that.
Insured and tracked shipping cost:
Germany - 20 eur
EU* - 40 eur
Worldwide - 80 eur
*(the site offers only 2 shipping variations, DE and worldwide. buyers from EU please either contact me beforehand for a reduced EU cost, or after buying so i can send a refund over the difference)
Importent Note: This item comes from my private collection and is around 100 years old (antique). I try my best to describe all the faults and major damage which are relevant for the function of this item. But the actuall item can show signs of wear and also some cosmetic blemishes/damage which is not described in the auction text! When buying this item the buyer agrees to this terms.